Monday, February 13, 2012

2012 so far

I realize that is has been awhile since the last post.  Christmas has come and gone and we're now well into 2012.  So I guess it's time for some catching up.   For starters, we celebrated the Lunar New Year in the last week of January and welcomed in the dragon.  Our friend Lauren came to visit and was able to usher in the new year with us.  She also happened to bring along her 7-week old baby boy, Alec.  Nate took to him instantly and I think Alec got a big kick out of him too.  




I also started a new job at the end of January.  Two if by Sea Cafe has opened a new location in Halifax, and I'm currently there three days a week.  Of course Metro Transit would go on strike the week after I started, but I've been lucky enough to get a ride downtown with one of my neighbours.  Getting home has been a mixed bag of walking, getting lifts or cabbing it.  Still it's been fun getting settled into a new work-place.  I'm enjoying my new co-workers, meeting new customers, and working on the Mirage.


Nate earned his first black stripe in Tae Kwon Do a few weeks back.  He's been doing this for about a month and really enjoying it.  He's also been taking skating classes, and is now able to skate around the rink without falling (most of the time).  I think it's great considering he's only been at it for 3 weeks.  


Patty was away in Vancouver last week, and was supposed to be in Regina this week, but she hurt her knee while she was in Vancouver and came home early with her legged in a brace and on crutches.  So we get to spend Valentine's day together after all!  


Lastly, I just wanted to give a big shout out to my fabulous neighbours.  I don't think I would have made it through last week without all their help.  To AC for the rides downtown, and for getting Nate to Beavers; to WM for getting Nate after school, getting him to Tae Kwon Do and then getting me from work; to BK for getting Nate back from Beavers; and my in-laws for getting him after school those days I worked.  A big thank you!



No comments: